Laser Hair Removal | 20 years experience
| Top Rated Medical Spa | BOGO Specials
Our Alma Laser Hair Removal system is proven as the safest hair removal technology and works for all skin shades and hair types. Different from many hair removal systems, the Alma system can also effectively treat pigmented or sun tanned skin.
Additionally, our Alma Laser Hair Removal system uses a cooling tip to minimize the possibility of superficial burns.
Various tip sizes are used to target specific areas and treat the desired areas of hair in the most efficient amount of time. With various size applicators we can effectively address larger areas such as back, legs, arms, and smaller areas such as armpits, nose, lip area, bikini, etc.
Why choose Soprano laser hair removal by Alma?
Laser hair removal isn’t something particularly new. It has been popularized in the early 2000’s by medical aesthetic chains around the world. One can say it was one of those magical moments in time. Moments where a new technology is highly beneficial for both the client and the provider. From the client’s side (the patient), using laser or IPL for hair removal meant a less painful experience, and most importantly, a quicker one. From the practitioners’ side, using precise and quick technology instead of traditional waxing or plucking meant happier clients, and the ability the fit more of them into a days’ work.
Naturally, the people who were already into hair removal were the first ones to happily adopt laser hair removal. But they were not the majority. Most people are those who would never even consider hair removal if it involved long painful waxing sessions. Furthermore, they were still hesitant to try out the newly introduced laser technology. So what happened that turned their minds around to give the idea of becoming smooth a chance?
The SHR™ revolution by Alma
By 2006, the first applications for SHR products and treatments patent was registered by Alma Lasers after a team of enthusiastic researchers led by Dr. Ziv Karni (Alma’s founder) developed a breakthrough laser technology for hair removal. To understand why this patent was so pivotal for hair removal we must discuss how standard Nassau County Laser Hair Removal works.
Traditional light based hair removal devices such as IPL (intense pulsed light) and laser worked in this manner – pulsing the skin with a strong light beam so that the melanin-containing hair follicle would absorb the delivered energy, heat up considerably and be destroyed. However, this approach, while being more effective than waxing, was still quite painful for most patients. Melanin rich skin is more susceptible to burns, therefor people with darker skin color couldn’t receive treatment.
The basic concept behind laser hair removal technology
The idea is pulsing the skin with a strong light beam (be it laser or IPL) so that the hair follicle which contains melanin would absorb the delivered energy, heat up drastically until destroyed. The traditional treatment was quite painful, and though much more effective than waxing it did not offer much in terms of patient comfort.
Luckily, over a decade ago Alma has developed the SHR technology which employs an “In-Motion” technique that vastly reduces discomfort during the hair removal treatment to a point it is virtually painless. All of Alma’s Soprano laser devices use this technology which was also adopted by many other brands.
Important things to consider when choosing a hair removal laser clinics
There are several types and brands of lasers used by providers in hair removal clinics. However, only the advanced and clinically proven ones such as Alma’s Soprano laser offer maximum safety and efficacy for all skin types including dark skin. Electing to work with the highest standard of technology is a good sign for a professional and trained practitioner.
Why is that so important? Laser hair removal is a delicate procedure performed on a delicate part of your body (the skin). A practitioner who understands the science behind this technology has better chances at getting you the desired results while avoiding any unnecessary side effects.
You should remember that the normal body hair growth cycle is around 6 weeks. For facial hair it is a bit shorter. Also, it usually takes an average 6-8 sessions total to achieve maximum hair removal results. Therefore, you should confirm the laser clinic’s availability prior to purchasing the treatment package. Having intervals that are at least 8 weeks between sessions (for body) or less than 6 weeks apart might negatively affect your results.
Now that you have the basics lets go into the guide, which we’ve compiled so you can get the best possible laser hair removal experience.
The Soprano hair removal check list
Preparing for the laser procedure:
- Physical exam. Have the dermatologist or physician examine you, review medical history and discuss expectations.
- Tanning. You should avoid tanning beds, and also fake tans for at least 2 weeks prior to hair removal treatment. Tanning products contain high levels of melanin. Though the Soprano laser is considered safe for tanned and darker color skin types we recommend not overwhelming your skin.
- Perfumes. Please refrain from using irritant substances on the treatment area prior to the treatment and after it.
- Waxing, dying, bleaching and threading. Avoid those prior to treatment to improve your chances to achieve permanent hair reduction. Besides, why bother waxing when you are going to your laser appointment?
Collagen injections and Fillers. Please advise the practitioner whether you have received any cosmetic injections in the treated area in the past 6 months.
- Medication. Some prescription drugs such as certain antibiotics are photo-sensitive. This might cause hyper-pigmentation is some cases. Therefor you must notify the practitioner if you are taking such medicine. To find out whether it is safe please refer to your physician.
- Shaving. You should shave prior to treatment. Why is that? Experienced practitioners in leading laser clinics point out that if there is some stubble left the exposed hair tips can make the area heat much quicker. Also, laser clinics practitioners who use the Soprano mostly utilize the “in motion” technique. If the treatment area is not shaved , the sweeping motion of the applicator over the skin might not feel as comfortable as it should.
- Test. A practitioner should perform a test patch 24 hours before the hair removal treatment.
- Tattoos. These should be covered with tape if they are within the treatment area to avoid burns. (Dark tattoos absorb increased amounts of laser energy due to special dye).
During and after hair removal treatment at Soprano laser clinics
- Wearing protective glasses. These would be supplied by the practitioner. Make sure to wear these during treatment.
- Pain. Though individuals react differently, the Soprano laser hair removal treatment should be virtually pain-free. Some areas might be a bit more sensitive, however if you feel too much pain you should notify the practitioner. The technician can easily adjust energy levels.
- Treatment time. Your session can take from 10 min. up to a full hour. That depends first on whether you are treating a specific area or several ones. The new Quattro hand-piece on the Soprano Titanium laser enables quick coverage of large areas reducing treatment time in half!
- Redness and swelling. The hair follicle might swell and the skin around it might be a little red which is normal and resides within 24 hours.
- Sunscreen. We recommend using a SPF 30/50 sunscreen on the treated area for no less than a week after treatment. That is important in order to protect your skin which will be more sensitive to sun damage. Especially if directly exposed to sunlight for extended amounts of time (mostly in summer).
There you have it. If you still have any questions about Suffolk County Laser Hair Removal in general or our Soprano laser feel free to contact us. Ready to move on with the procedure? Use our Soprano clinic-finder to locate nearby Soprano laser clinics.
Laser Hair Removal Before and After
**Results may vary. We are reputable for complete customer satisfaction for completed treatments. Before & After images reflect real results from real patients, although individual results may vary. No treatment is promised to provide permanent results. A guarantee is neither provided nor implied. Statements estimating treatment duration and the number of treatments required are bases on the typical experience of our patients, however individual experiences may vary.
BOGO specials are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer . Terms and conditions apply.