Acne / Blackheads
Acne / Blackheads
Acne and blackheads are common skin concerns that can be very frustrating for many individuals. Aside from the physical discomfort of having pimples and blemishes on the face, acne can have a negative impact on self-confidence as well. It is not uncommon for people with acne to feel embarrassed or ashamed about their skin, which can lead to social anxiety or even depression. Evolution Med Spa in Commack, New York can help.
Hydrafacials are a safe and effective facial treatment that can help reduce acne and blackheads, leaving your skin looking smooth and refreshed.
Chemical peels are a form of skin treatment that can help reduce the appearance of acne, blackheads, and other skin blemishes by gently exfoliating away dead skin cells and increasing cell turnover.
Acne Care in Commack, NY
- Medical Grade HydraFacial MD: The HydraFacial MD regimen is fantastic for exfoliating, extracting and clearing up congested pores, leaving you with glowing, hydrated, nourished skin.
- Laser Therapy: Laser technology can be used to target scarring, discoloration, and bacteria that causes acne.
- Vivace Microneedling RF: This treatment, also known to tighten, lift and reduce wrinkles and fine lines, can be fantastic for treating acne scarring. The micro injuries caused by the microneedling stimulates collagen growth to fill in scarring: ice pick scars, rolling scars, box car scars, or atrophic scarring can all be reduced with this treatment.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels are used to resurface and regenerate skin to improve tone and texture of skin and reduce discoloration and acne scarring.
A HydraFacial is a multistep facial done with a patented device that uses Vortex-Fusion to cleanse, exfoliate, do pore extractions, and deliver customized serums into the skin. It’s a gentle treatment that’s safe for all skin types and tones.
During the treatment, a provider uses different “HydraPeel” attachments on a handheld device to vacuum out dead skin cells and other pore-clogging debris, deliver a mild peel, and infuse skin with soothing, hydrating, and anti-aging ingredients like antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, and peptides.
HydraFacials can be customized for your skin concerns and level of sensitivity.
A series of treatments can correct uneven tone, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, reduce the look of enlarged pores, and clear and prevent acne.
- It’s fast—one session usually takes 30 minutes or less.
- There’s typically no irritation or even redness following a HydraFacial.
- It doesn’t use steam, which can dilate blood vessels and cause redness in sensitive skin.
- The vacuum extractions don’t hurt and shouldn’t leave skin looking red and inflamed.
- You can tell this facial is working while you’re having it.
- It’s safe for all skin tones and effective for people of all ages. A teenager with acne and a woman in her 50s trying to erase the signs of sun damage will both benefit.
What happens during a Hydrafacial?
Cleanse & Peel
It starts off much like any other professional facial does, with a deep cleansing of your pores—but it goes much deeper than a topical application. The cleansing process includes a mix of botanical cleansers and hydrating, soothing ingredients. The pen-like HydraPeel tip whisks away makeup and dirt.
Next is the exfoliation phase, which uses a mix of glycolic and salicylic acids to help shed the dead top layer of skin cells and uncover a more radiant-looking complexion. As with any chemical exfoliating treatment, you may feel a bit of tingling, but because it’s a mild peel, you shouldn’t feel it sting or burn.
Then a vacuum-like tip called the vortex-extraction nozzle suctions out blackheads and any remaining impurities from deep within your pores. This vacuum step stimulates lymphatic drainage, helping boost circulation while removing excess fluid and waste.
Depending on your level of sensitivity or your desired results, your aesthetician can choose one of six different tips for the device that range from gentle to more aggressive.
Next, your facial infuses a targeted serum—a customized cocktail that includes hydrating ingredients, antioxidants, peptides, and collagen.
There are 11 different boosters available that can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, energize and brighten the skin, improve firmness, or target other concerns. Ingredients include stem cells, growth factors, peptides, and acids, as well as botanical extracts.
Before you go, your provider will apply moisturizer and sunscreen.
Hydrafacial Before and After
Vivace is a skin rejuvenation treatment that uses a combination of microneedling and radiofrequency (RF) energy to stimulate collagen and elastin production.
This minimally invasive treatment can help make your skin firmer, tighter, and smoother. It addresses concerns like facial wrinkles and fine lines, acne scars, large pores, and uneven skin tone and texture.
Most doctors recommend a course of three to four treatments, spaced four to six weeks apart, for optimal results. This schedule aligns with the pace of your body’s cell turnover.
- The combination of microneedling and radiofrequency expands the benefits of Vivace beyond what either type of treatment could offer alone. You’ll experience both epidermal resurfacing and deeper dermal remodeling.
- With numbing cream, the treatment is virtually pain-free. Plus there’s no downtime.
- Because Vivace microneedling delivers its radiofrequency energy to the skin’s deeper layers, it’s safe and effective for all skin tones, with little risk of hyperpigmentation.
- RealSelf members give Vivace one of the highest Worth It Ratings of any radiofrequency microneedling treatment.
How does Vivace work?
The handheld Vivace device delivers radiofrequency energy as heat to the lower dermis layer of skin, via tiny needles. The needles and heat create precise microdamage that jump-starts your body’s cell-regeneration process.
This natural healing response both remodels your skin’s structural proteins—collagen and elastin—and stimulates the production of more. Over time, your skin becomes firmer, plumper, and smoother.
What happens during a Vivace treatment?
Before your appointment, your provider will give you a list of pre-procedure recommendations, like avoiding exfoliating agents and other astringents for at least 24 hours beforehand. If you have a history of cold sores, your doctor may also prescribe a preventive course of antiviral medications, to reduce the chance of an outbreak.
On the day of the treatment, your provider will start by applying a topical anesthetic numbing cream, which takes about 30–45 minutes to become fully effective.
Once your skin is numb, your provider will move the Vivace handpiece over your face.
Vivace Before and After
**Results may vary. We are reputable for complete customer satisfaction for completed treatments. Before & After images reflect real results from real patients, although individual results may vary. No treatment is promised to provide permanent results. A guarantee is neither provided nor implied. Statements estimating treatment duration and the number of treatments required are bases on the typical experience of our patients, however individual experiences may vary.